The Weather app in iOS 15 boasts an all-new design with full-screen maps, graphical displays of weather data, and dynamic layouts that change based on conditions. And animated backgrounds more accurately reflect sun position, clouds, and precipitation, and notifications indicate when rain or snow is about to start or stop.
You can view the upcoming hourly and 10-day forecast, see severe weather information, view weather maps, receive precipitation notifications, and more.
Weather uses Location Services to get the forecast for your current location. To turn on Location Services, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Weather, then choose an option. Turn on Precise Location to increase the accuracy of the forecast in your current location.
Now you can ask Siri about the local weather. Say something like: “What’s the weather for today?” or “How windy is it out there?”
You can also open Weather to do any of the following:
- Check local weather conditions: The details for your current location are available when you open Weather.
Updates about severe weather conditions such as winter storms and flash floods appear at the top of the screen. Tap to read the full government-issued alert (not available in all countries or regions). To learn about Weather data sources, see the Apple Support article, Feature availability and data sources in the Weather app.
- View the hourly forecast: Swipe the hourly display left or right.
- View the 10-day forecast: View weather conditions, chance of precipitation, and high and low temperatures for the coming days.
- View air quality details: View air quality information; tap See More to view details about health information and pollutants (not available in all countries or regions).
Note: The air quality scale appears above the hourly forecast when air quality reaches a particular level for that location. For some locations, the air quality scale always appears above the hourly forecast.
- View weather maps in your area: View a map of temperature, precipitation, or air quality in the area. Tap the map to view it in full screen or to change the map view between temperature, precipitation, and air quality.
- View more weather details: Scroll down to view the UV index, sunrise, sunset, wind speed, and more.
- Check the weather in other locations: Swipe left or right on the screen.
(This how-to is based on my experiences and info on Apple’s support pages.)