Apple World Today gets announcements about every new charger or dock on the market. While most can handle iPhones, AirPods, and Apple Watch with ease, those that work with MacBooks are rare. Today, Kensington announced the StudioCaddy, a US$179.99 dock with the ability to organize and charge most Apple products.
The StudioCaddy comes in two pieces that can join magnetically. One section features areas for AirPod and iPhone wireless charging and adds USB-A and USB-C ports for charging other devices. The other section is a padded vertical stand for MacBook and iPad.
Kensington StudioCaddy features include:
- Organizes the Entire Apple Ecosystem – Designed exclusively for Apple, StudioCaddy enables users to store and charge their MacBook, iPad, iPhone, and AirPods in a single location in the attractive, space-saving stand.
- Dual Qi Charger – The integrated dual Qi charger works with any Qi-enabled iPhone and also charges AirPods. The charger module magnetically attaches to the MacBook/iPad stand to minimize the storage footprint, but can be detached for added flexibility.
- USB Ports Add Charging Options – USB-A and USB-C ports provide added charging options to support additional iPad, iPhone, AirPods, or AppleWatch (charging cables not included).
- Storage for MacBook and iPad – The space-saving stand cradles the MacBook in a vertical (closed) position. The iPad holder allows for viewing and story of iPad or iPad Pro in landscape or portrait orientations.
- Keep Your Case in Place – StudioCaddy is compatible with most iPhone cases (up to 3mm thick), and most iPad cases (including Kensington’s popular BlackBelt line of protective iPad cases), Apple Magic Keyboard, and Apple Smart Keyboard Folio.
Apple World Today will review the Kensington StudioCaddy in the near future. If you’re interested by this new charger / organizer, it’s available on the Kensington website and at most retailers today. You can also check out my review of the Kensington StudioDock here on Apple World Today.