Apple has posted watchOS 7.4, which can be downloaded for free through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General > Software Update. To install the new software, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50% battery, needs to be placed on a charger, and it needs to be in range of the iPhone.
Here are Apple’s release notes for the upgrade:
watchOS 7.4 includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
– Ability to unlock your iPhone X and later with Apple Watch when you attempt to use Face ID while wearing a face mask
– Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
– Ability to stream audio and video content from Apple Fitness+ workouts to AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and devices
– Support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in Australia and Vietnam
– Support for irregular heart rhythm notifications in Australia and Vietnam