WaterField Designs has announced the AirPods Max Shield Case, a full-grain leather case for Apple’s new AirPods Max over-the-ear headphones.
A Magnetic Leather Butterfly acts as a buffer between the ear cups and triggers the AirPods Max into low-power mode. When used in conjunction with the Apple Smart Case, the magnets lie flat. Space-efficient pockets stow cords and accessories, and a soft interior cradles the AirPods Max. Rugged materials, shock-absorbing foam, and waterproof zippers help protect the prized headphones, says WaterField Designs owner Gary Waterfield.
Here are the features of the AirPods Max Shield Case:
- Compact and custom-fitted to hold and protect AirPods Max with or without a Smart Case
- Innovative Magnetic Leather Butterfly keeps ear cups separated and triggers AirPods Max low power mode to preserve battery life; The Butterfly lies flat when headphones are stowed with the Apple Smart Case
- Zip-around closure with dual zipper sliders allows for in-case charging
- Top and bottom layers of closed-cell foam help disperse external forces and resist compression
- Plush lining, as soft as a puppy’s ear, backed with additional soft foam keeps AirPods Max scratch-free
- Stretch mesh pocket with a leather closure utilizes negative interior space to fit a 5W to 20W Apple Power Adapter and charging and headphone cords
- Plush-lined exterior zippered pocket keeps extra cords, AirPods Pro, or other small electronic accessories readily accessible
- Open-topped, stretch mesh, rear pocket stows an iPhone, and/or additional accessories
- Top nylon loop facilitates a quick grab when carrying the case solo and hooks onto a carabiner for attaching to a strap or stashing the case inside another bag
- Rugged black ballistic nylon or waxed canvas paired with full-grain leather and smooth waterproof zippers help protect headphones from the elements
The AirPods Max Shield Case cos US$99. It’s available in black ballistic nylon with full-grain leather in black, blue, or crimson; or tan waxed canvas with distressed, full-grain, chocolate leather. It measures 9.5 x 9 (at widest points) x 2.25 inches and weighs 14.5 ounces.
You can pre-order now. The first production run ships December 31.