iPhone 8 sales made up 23% of total Apple smartphone sales sales for the first quarter of 2018, per new data from CIRP. The iPhone 8 Plus accounted for 21%, putting the lower-cost models at 44% of the market.
The research group says the iPhone X share fell to 16% from 20% in the December quarter. Combined sales of the iPhone 8 models rose three percentage points in the same period, up from 41%.
CIRP says the iPhone 7/7 Plus accounted for just under 20%, the 6s/6s Plus tallied 13%, and the SE chalked up 8% of the market. The firm predicts a quarter-over-quarter drop in the average sales price (ASP) of the Apple smartphone due to the lower sales of the premium model, but thinks the ASP should increase year-on-year.
Like this article? Consider supporting Apple World Today with a $5 monthly Team AWT membership.