Sheesh. The folks at Apple have been busy little beavers today, shipping out new versions of every operating system. The latest is watchOS 2.1, a 57.1 MB update to the operating system for the Apple Watch. The update requires that your Apple Watch is connected to its charger, charged to at least 50%, and in range of your Wi-Fi connected iPhone.
Major updates and bug fixes include:
- Adds support for system language in Arabic, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Malay, Portuguese (Portugal), and Vietnamese
- Adds support for Right-to-Left user interface
- Adds ability to switch between Latin and Hindi numerals for Arabic
- Adds a new complication for Islamic and Hebrew calendars
- Adds support for Siri and dictation in Arabic (Saudi Arabia, UAE)
- Adds support for dictation in English (Malaysia), Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Portuguese (Portugal), and Vietnamese
- Resolves an issue that cold prevent events from updating in the Calendar complication
- Fixes an issue that could prevent the time from displaying in Power Reserve mode
- Addresses issues that could prevent third party apps from launching
- Fixes an issue that cold prevent third party app icons from displaying correctly
- Fixes an issue that could cause instability when changing the system language
AWT will update this post if any issues arise with the update process.